Saturday, March 13, 2010

A weekend FULL of plans!



Today we woke up early and went to the Saturday market again! It was absolutely wonderful. :)
We met our friend, Nicole, there who used to live in our dorm, but had the good fortune to move out and into a room in a house with a family. Her friend is visiting, so we were able to meet another Anglaise!

After Sarah and I shopped our hearts out on countless amounts of veggies, we went to Nicole's new place for a cup of tea and homemade scones! Which were delicious, of course. No clotted cream sadly, but I am on a semi-sort of diet thing, so I guess it was for the best.
(The diet/exercise routine is going all right, by the way)


















Yesterday was particularly interesting because one of our floormates, Thomas, who is Polish had been asking the four of us for some help with his English and so we offered to talk with him. He might study in Chicago next year!
Two hours later after discussing the differences between Europe and the United States, religion, conspiracy theories, and college we called it a night.

An interesting thing about France is that when people tease you about being American, they're not trying to be mean. I think they're trying to joke around. Or are they? I can never tell.
I've felt a lot lately that I've been getting made fun of for being American. No matter where I go or whatever I do it's "Oh, you're so American!" .
.. yeah? And? I was born there- I didn't get to choose. Sheesh. It's starting to get on my nerves. Especially since in class some teachers always say, "Oh, you Americans always sit together!" and it's a big joke and everyone laughs.
But no one mentions that the Asian population always sits together, too.
Maybe I'm being crazy, but its really starting to bother me. Not just the teachers, but others, too.

But anyways, tonight is our friend Krista's birthday (she's from Canada) and we are all going to meet up at Funky Monky, which is a quiet(ish) bar, and then from there who knows!

I have to admit though, I am most excited for tomorrow because after I'm done with laundry and homework and the like, I want to go to the Parc du Thabor, which is supposed to be very pretty and things are starting to bloom already :)
And tomorrow night at O'Connell's there will be Irish dancing. Meagan and Kayla said it's much like contra dancing, so of COURSE I'm going!!

And I will take lots of pictures between today and tomorrow and post them!
A bientot!

3 comments:

  1. oh you are so GRACE.... ;) and everyone loves you for that.

    everyone everywhere is the same -- there are the fat ones, the thin ones, the brown ones the black ones, different strokes for different folks and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo bieeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I imagine all of your teachers as the stuck-up French matron in "Julie & Julia" who refuses to let Julia Child take her chef exam haha

    ;)

    and sorry for not being on at the usual time today, i woke up around 2. oops! late nights get me every time

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way that is ONE awesome CHEESE!

    ReplyDelete