Monday, February 22, 2010

Paris and Packing



So I have neglected my blog a little bit, but it's going to be that way again for about a week!
Tomorrow, the girls and I will be setting off for Ireland. Specifically, Ballyvaughan, which is very close to Galway. We're staying with Sarah's friend from high school who is studying abroad there and can put us up for free! (Hence the change from Italy to Ireland)
Luckily enough, there's a bus that goes from Ballyvaughan to nearly anywhere else in Ireland!
I'm definitely ready to visit the Cliffs of Moher, even if I have to sit on a bus for hours.
It's supposed to rain for most of the days we are there, but I plan on going out no matter what!
To prepare myself, I'm listening to Flogging Molly. ("If I Ever Leave This World Alive") Also, I subjected Matt this past week to P.S. I Love You, which he gave a 5. And rightly so. It's not THAT good, but I have to admit, it makes me a little teary-eyed. And I do love Gerard Butler. Sigh.

When we looked up trains to take him back to Paris for Sunday morning, we realized there weren't any that would be early enough for him to catch his flight. So, we went to Paris Saturday evening and stayed in a pretty nice hostel. We arrived so late however, that, ironically, the only place open for dinner was an American burger joint, which was absolutely disgusting to say the least. The best part about the meal was definitely the margarita.

I dropped him off the next morning at Charles de Gaulle and had a really long journey back to Rennes, arriving at 8:30 PM. I have to admit, I was not dry-eyed, but there's only three months left! And I intend on making those three months count.

Saturday before we went to the hostel, however, we walked around a lot and I found REAL WINE IN A CAN! Which, as all of you know who watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, is AMAZING. I should have bought some, I know, but I can always go back now that I know exactly where the wine shop is.
All those times we poured wine into a can, gang! We could have just BOUGHT some! ...In France.
I also like that in the picture there's a romantic couple together right next to canned wine.

Also, wanted to let you all know if you have a Flickr account, I'm uploading all of my photos from France to my account! My ID is galenchanted and if you can't find me- let me know!

Talk to you all in a week-

Bisous!

1 comment:

  1. :o please come to Italy! I can't give you a bed but I will buy you gelato.

    ReplyDelete